bibliofiliaandcaffeine

Angélica Milagros

I recently fell in love with reading, now I can't stop!

I enjoy Fiction, NonFiction, History, Crime, YA/NA, Dark and LOTS of Romance...sometimes sweet, sometimes smutty ;)

Painted faces by L.H. Cosway

Painted Faces - L.H. Cosway

Five stars are not enough!

I'm so glad I found this book! I have to be honest, at first the idea of a hero being a drag queen didn't appeal to me too much but that is the point I'm trying to make here...

"Painted faces" was an unique and pleasant read and I totally fell in love with Nicholas aka Vivica. Let me say, I am openminded but still I was thinking "Is this normal?" well, I don't know or...

Nicholas is adorable, deliciously sexy and broken (yeah idk what is it with broken men, we can't resist them!) so it was easy forgetting that he enjoys dressing as a woman from thursday to saturday nights, although for him is much more than that.

"I get that some men want to dress up as woman because they want to be a woman. I don't want to be a woman though, at least not when I'm off the stage. I perform for the catharsis, because it's freeing."

Freda, she was hilarious, she speaks her mind, doesn't take shit from anyone and is shy sometimes, it was easy connecting with her.

"I'd come to the realisation that I love Nicholas. All it took was for him to save me from being mangled by a car. But I know that's not the only reason why I love him. I love him because he makes me laugh when I don't feel like laughing. I love him because he challenges my view of what a man is. I love him because I know I shouldn't love him and that he'll break my heart. I love him because he's a complete and total anomaly. I love him because I want to kill the sadness inside him more than I want anything else in the world."

They don't have a perfect love but they have a heartbreakingly beautiful one and I loved it!